At the Wind Energy Unit we develop technologies for systems that generate energy from wind power and operate independently of the electricity grid, or in areas where the grids are weak. This includes systems that facilitate the integration of wind energy as a means of tackling fluctuations, as well as new systems for energy storage.
Additionally, we test small wind turbines in our laboratory, using protocols designed in accordance with international standards; we also focus our efforts on improving the technology, products and market for small wind turbines.
We also conduct studies on how wind behaves when confronted with obstacles, including the simulation and validation of models for wind and turbulence.
From here you can access the rest of the content for the biomass group:
- The staff members who comprise our group.
- Our facilities and technological capacities.
- The Technical services we offer.
- The projects we are involved in.
- The committees and platforms we are part of.
- Our most recent publications.